Embedded Software Engineers (Philadelphia, USA)
To provide support to our existing and new customers, we are looking for a number of experienced Embedded Software Engineers to be based in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. While being remote from our established offices, the roles will incorporate extended periods of time spent on-site with customers and will suit individuals with a proven ability to work remotely.
The roles report into S3 Group’s North American office in San Jose out of which we offer support to our customers in the Western North American geography. There will be frequent contact with the development and deployment support teams based in Ireland and as a result there will be occasional trips to the S3 Group headquarters in Ireland.
- An honours degree or post-graduate qualification in computer science, electronic engineering or related discipline.
- A minimum of three years’ experience in some or all of the following areas:
- Embedded software development for device drivers, protocol stacks or integrated applications.
- Digital TV and Audio/Video technologies.
- Embedded Operating Systems such as Linux, iOS, Android or other comparable OS.
- Audio/Video/Media streaming over broadcast, broadband or managed IP channels.
- Wireless and wireline networking technologies.
- Different hardware platforms (OS’s, debuggers, compilers etc.).
- Embedded product integration and system testing.
- Familiarity with industry standard software development processes.
- The ability to work autonomously or as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Applicants must be willing to work remotely and travel frequently.
- A track record of successful project completion.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong time management skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Passion to learn and to work with new technologies
S3 Group Value Proposition:
- With S3 Group you get your opportunity to work with experienced and talented professionals and a customer and client base of multinational, blue-chip companies.
- Competitive salary including 401K plan, health and dental insurance allowance.
- Performance incentive plan.
- Career development prospects.
- Travel and training opportunities.
For further information on any of the vacancies listed, please contact us.By email: email@example.com By phone: +353 1 291 1000 By fax: +353 1 291 1001
By mail: Human Resources Department, S3 Group, South County Business Park, Leopardstown, Dublin 18