Accelerating end-to-end delivery
of multiscreen TV
S3 Group accelerates end-to-end delivery of multiscreen TV
for digital TV programmers, operators, component vendors and managed service providers.
We reduce time-to-market and improve quality for our customers as they launch
and operate new products. We do this by providing solutions that combine system integration, test automation and advanced platform diagnostics, end-to-end across the content delivery chain.
60-fold increase in platform complexity
How can we help?
The roll-out of multiscreen services require much more complex content delivery platform topologies to be developed, tested, deployed, operated and renewed over time.
Compared to back in the year 2000, when a typical operator who was offering VOD in addition to linear TV, the same operator is now rolling out the full gamut of multiscreen experience, which implies, according to our research a 60-fold increase in platform complexity! This increased complexity results in a breadth of business and technical challenges arising throughout the entire platform lifecycle and the corresponding activities.
The Lifecycle Activities and Challenges
We take a full lifecycle view from Requirements through Operations and ultimately to Reuse. This end-to-end scope across the content delivery chain – from head-end through to receivers -- intersects with our end-to-end view across the platform lifecycle.
One of the largest causes of cost and time over-runs in product delivery is unforeseen requirements that emerge during project execution.
The architectures underpinning next generation networks will be significantly different as IP-delivery, multiscreen environments and a host of other factors have significantly changed the rules.
Whatever the device, whatever the network and wherever the viewing experience takes place, reliability cannot be compromised.
The development and deployment of new platforms involves the interaction of multiple hardware and software development teams. All of these are essential to the overall success of the program.
Testing is a key part of delivering high quality products on time to the market.
Quick deployment of impeccable products is a must-have for operators.
Once launched, a content delivery platform requires on-going improvement over time.
The costs incurred in reverse logistics are highly significant at screening, repair & refurbish or end-of-life stages.
TV Related Documents
- DTV needs automated testing
- Keeping the Content Flow (pdf. 400kb)
- The Emperor’s new clothes are woven with OTT Tablet strategies at IBC (pdf, 156kb)
- Reducing Customer Support Costs Is the Easiest Way To Make a Profit
- Brochures & Flyers
- Brochure: S3 Group System Integration Services (pdf, 1.5mb)
- Brochure: Professional Services in a digital world (pdf, 1.4mb)
- Brochure: TV Technology at S3 Group (pdf, 3.5mb)
- Brochure: StormTest® Development Center (pdf, 941kb)
- Brochure: StormTest® Decision Line (pdf, 1.8mb)
- Product Notes
- Product Note: StormTest Navigator (pdf, 161kb)
- Focus Note: Professional Test Services (pdf, 1.2mb)
- Focus Note: StormTest® Test Services (pdf, 421kb)
- Product Note: Testing Connected TVs using StormTest® Development Center
- Product Note: Testing content delivery applications on Apple® iPad® using StormTest® Development Center (pdf, 600kb)
- Product Note: Whitebox testing using StormTest® Development Center (pdf, 600kb)
- Technical Datasheets
- TD: StormTest® Development Center HV04 HD (pdf 179kb)
- TD: StormTest® Development Center HS64 (pdf, 157kb)
- TD: StormTest® Decision Line HI01 (pdf 468kb)
- TD: StormTest® Development Center HT01 (pdf 308kb)
- TD: StormTest® Development Center HV01 (pdf 230kb)
- TD: StormTest® Development Center HV04 (pdf 160kb)
- TD: StormTest® Development Center HV16 (pdf 280kb)
- TD: StormTest® Decision Line HI16 (pdf 260kb)
- White Papers
- Delivering industrial-grade DTV receiver screening (pdf, 1,4mb)
- Delivering Quality Connected TV Products (pdf, 600kb)
- Top Tips to Digital TV Test Automation (pdf, 1.3mb)
- Automating Digital TV Receiver Testing (pdf. 400kb)
- The Set-Top Box Journey and how it might be improved for all concerned
- Audio Video Quality Analysis of Digital TV device output using StormTest® Development Center
- S3 Group Consultancy Engagements (pdf, 525kb)
- Set-Top-Box Migration Planning (pdf, 590kb)
- Automated EBIF™ Testing (pdf, 1.8mb)
- The First Foray into Automated Set-Top Box Testing (pdf, 202kb)
- Addressing the Challenges of Set-Top Box Software Lifecycle Management (pdf, 166kb)
- The Importance of Automated Testing in STB Integration (pdf, 375kb)
- Podcasts / Webcasts
- Addressing key challenges in effective test automation as applied to multiscreen Digital TV
- Interview with S3 Group's VP of TV Technology, Philip Brennan, on the Company's New Deal with Canoe Ventures
- Tomorrow Will be Televised - Interview with S3 Group CEO - John O'Brien
- What's new in StormTest Development Center? Learn about the new Navigator!
- Video: What is StormTest Development Center? (YouTube)
- Video: Stress testing using StormTest® Development Center
- Automating repair centres to eliminate toxic STBs - Interview with S3 Group's CEO John O'Brien
- S3 Group at IBC 2012: Sky Italia screens with StormTest
- S3 Group at IBC 2012: Gateway System Integration
- S3 Group at IBC 2012: Swisscom Case Study and StormTest HD
- S3 Group at IBC 2012: Multi-device test automation
- Multi-screen TV will strain customer support - Interview with S3 Group's CEO, John O'Brien
- S3 Group at IBC 2011: Interview with John O’Brien, Chief Executive Officer
- S3 Group at IBC 2011: Interview with Philip Brennan, Vice President, TV Technology
- S3 Group at IBC 2011: Interview with John Maguire, Director of Product Strategy, TV Technology
- S3 Group at IBC 2011: Interview with Ian Harris, Director of Product Management, TV Technology
- StormTest® Decision Line Video (on YouTube)
- Case Studies
- Video Operations Assessment consultancy assignment (pdf, 412kb)
- End-to-end System Integration of latest CPE platform with cloud-based headend (pdf, 411kb)
- End-to-end System Integration of new STB platform with cloud-based multiscreen headend (pdf, 411kb)
- Technical Field Trial Test Strategy development for new Digital TV platform (pdf, 411kb)
- Automated TV Client Testing: Swisscom partners with S3 Group to deliver the ultimate IPTV experience (pdf, 207kb)
- CA Upgrade for Satellite Network (pdf, 410kb)
- End-of-Life STB Maintenance (pdf, 410kb)
- Automating the Functional Testing of Satellite STBs - Digiturk (pdf, 411kb)
- ATSC Mobile TV Prototype to Force Standards Decision (pdf, 410kb)
- DTT Test Establishment (pdf, 409kb)
- High Definition PVR for Tier 1 Satellite Operator (pdf, 410kb)
- Multiple High Definition STB for European Cable Network (pdf, 411kb)
- Multi-Room HD PVR Program Project (pdf, 410kb)
- World’s First OpenTV IP STB (pdf, 410kb)
- Post-Merger STB Consolidation (pdf, 410kb)
- Accelerating Microsoft® Mediaroom™ IPTV STB Platform to Market - Pace (pdf, 412kb)
- Increasing the Test Performance and Ensuring High Reliability of Satellite STBs - Tata Sky (pdf, 411kb)
- S3 Group and OEM Collaborate to Develop Complex HD PVR (pdf, 429kb)