S3 Group provides our global customers with leading, advanced low-power Mixed Signal, Digital and Systems Level design services, best-in-class SoC solutions and single chip RF SoC solutions. We take ownership of our customers’ challenges and customize solutions to ensure their success never losing sight of the need to be innovative while providing high-quality, high-value offerings in a consistent and reliable manner.
Reporting to the Group Manager of our Silicon Business Unit in the Czech Republic, the successful candidate will be responsible for playing a key leadership and individual contributor role, in an experienced team undertaking design, verification and implementation of complex analog/digital SoC solutions.
- An honours degree or post-graduate qualification in Electronic Engineering or a similar discipline.
- At least 3 years’ experience with majority of expertise covering the digital portion, of large ICs/system-on-chip specifications, architectures and designs including direct experience in converting customer requirements into detailed digital technical specifications.
- Expertise in complete IC design flows would be an advantage: IC architecture design and modelling; IP evaluation and selection, RTL design, advanced functional verification techniques (UVM), low power design, DfT, physical design, device validation, characterisation and qualification.
- Understanding of the interdependencies between requirements and implementation, embedded software and hardware, ICs and their board level environment.
- Die-size estimation and modelling the trade-offs between functionality and die-size and package selection would be an advantage.
- Experience in evaluating, interfacing to and integrating analog IP would be a major advantage.
- Knowledge on on-chip bus architectures, embedded processors, cache architectures, software and hardware debug support and modelling data flows at the chip level.
- Familiarity with the major semiconductor process nodes and their relative advantages and disadvantages.
- Technical curiosity and a good understanding of the latest developments in the industry and of leading-edge design techniques, willingness and ability to quickly adopt new technologies.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills (English language).
- Travel will be occasionally required, mainly to and from S3 Group engineering offices, but also to customer locations.
- Applicants must be authorised to work in the location for which they apply.
About S3 Group
S3 Group is the Connected Consumer Technology Company. Our technologies, products and professional services enable consumer electronics companies, semiconductor companies, service providers and consumer healthcare providers to deliver next-generation devices, systems and services to consumers at home and on the move.
Founded in 1986, S3 Group employs over 250 employees and has engineering development centres in San Jose in the USA, Ireland (Dublin and Cork), the Czech Republic, Poland and Portugal and sales offices and representatives globally.
S3 Group Value Proposition:
- With S3 Group you get your opportunity to work with experienced and talented professionals and a customer and client base of multinational, blue-chip companies.
- Opportunity to work on advanced designs using leading-edge technologies.
- Competitive salary and benefits including pension, sports and meal subsidy.
- Career development prospects.
- Travel and training opportunities.
Should you be interested in applying please email your CV to: recruitment(at)s3group.com