S3 Group designs and delivers Custom Mixed-Signal ASICs and IP to our customers across the globe. The company is the longest serving independent silicon solutions provider in the industry, having built a wealth of experience and engineering expertise over the last 30 years. Global end markets served by S3 Group clients include Connected Consumer Electronics, Wireless & Wireline Communications Infrastructure, Satellite Communications, Automotive, Industrial and IoT.
Due to a recent expansion of our Mixed-Signal business and reporting to the Group Manager, we are looking for a Mixed-Signal Design Engineer to provide technical and sales support to our growing customer base in Asia. The successful candidate will be part of an experienced mixed-signal design team team designing embedded mixed signal modules for our customers’ system-on-chip ICs and be expected to contribute to all aspects of mixed-signal module development from specification, design and layout through to evaluation of silicon. Regular travel will be required.
To be considered for this position you must have:
- A graduate or post-graduate qualification in Electronic Engineering or related field.
- Fluency in Chinese.
- Familiarity with CMOS analog circuit design.
- An interest in spending approx. 30-50% of work time in a sales support role for the first 12 months.
- Availability to travel to Asia-Pacific region for periods of up to 2 weeks.
- Familiarity with the design of some of the following mixed-signal circuits: ADCs, DACs, PLLs, power management.
- Experience in some of these areas: Analogue/digital partitioning in mixed-signal systems; Modelling of analogue systems using tools such as AHDL, MatLab, Mathematica; Characterisation and evaluation of analogue circuits.
- Experience of relevant computerised design tools.
- Experience in the field of digital signal processing would be an advantage.
- Technical curiosity and a good understanding of the latest developments in the industry and of leading-edge design techniques.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
About S3 Group
S3 Group provides products, solutions and professional services to the Connected Health and Semiconductor industries. We are trusted by some of the world’s leading companies including Philips, NXP, Fujitsu, Cisco, Iridium, Qualcomm, Micronas, Texas Instruments and many others. We also collaborate with world-class technology partners including IBM, ST Microelectronics, OpenTV, Nagravision, Irdeto, Cadence, TSMC, UMC, ARM and Thomson.
Headquartered in Ireland and working at the forefront of technology for over 20 years, S3 Group employs over 250 employees and has engineering development centres in San Jose in the USA, Ireland (Dublin and Cork), the Czech Republic, Poland and Portugal and sales offices and representatives globally.
We have over 20 year’s successful track record in semiconductor design, and develop and license high-performance mixed-signal IPs targeting SoC, ASSP and ASIC products manufactured in the world’s leading foundries, and provides our global customers with leading, advanced low-power Mixed Signal, Digital and Systems Level design services, best-in-class SoC solutions and single chip RF SoC solutions.
S3 Group Value Proposition
- You will work with experienced and talented professionals.
- You will work on advanced designs using leading-edge technologies.
- You will receive a competitive salary and benefits.
- You will receive excellent career development prospects.
- You will receive travel and training opportunities.
Should you be interested in applying please submit your CV using the form below.