S3 Group provides our global customers with leading, advanced low-power RF, Mixed Signal, Digital and Systems Level design services, best-in-class SoC solutions and single chip RF SoC solutions. We take ownership of our customers’ challenges and customize solutions that provide high-quality, high-value offerings in a consistent and reliable manner.
Reporting to the Group Manager in the location the new candidate is hired, the successful candidate will be responsible for playing a key role in an experienced team undertaking system architecture, RF and analog design, verification and implementation of complex RF/analog/digital SoC solutions.
- An honours degree or post-graduate qualification in Electronic Engineering,
- At least 5 years’ experience in large RF/Analog IC/SoC specifications, architectures and designs including direct experience in converting customer requirements into detailed technical specifications,
- Expertise in complete IC design flows would be an advantage: RF/analog IC architecture design and modelling; IP evaluation and selection, analog/digital partitioning in mixed-signal systems; high-speed data communications / SERDES; modelling of analog systems,
- Expertise in the design of some of the following: PLLs and Oscillators, LNAs, Mixers, VGAs and baseband filters,
- Die-size estimation and modelling the trade-offs between functionality and die-size and package selection,
- Familiarity with the major semiconductor process nodes and their relative advantages and disadvantages, especially in the context of RF/analog design implementation impacts,
- Technical curiosity and a good understanding of the latest developments in the industry and of leading-edge design techniques, willingness and ability to quickly adopt new technologies,
- An ability to incorporate business influences in engineering decisions and an understanding of the commercial implications of technical decisions and vice versa,
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills,
- Strong oral and written communication skills,
- Travel will be required, mostly to/from S3 Group engineering offices, but also to our worldwide customer locations,
- Applicants must be authorized to work in the location for which they apply.
About S3 Group
S3 Group is the Connected Consumer Technology Company. Our technologies, products and professional services enable consumer electronics companies, semiconductor companies, service providers and consumer healthcare providers to deliver next-generation devices, systems and services to consumers at home and on the move.
Founded in 1986, S3 Group employs approximately 250 employees and has engineering development centres in San Jose in the USA, Ireland (Dublin and Cork), the Czech Republic, Poland and Portugal and sales offices and representatives globally.
S3 Group Value Proposition
- With S3 Group you get your opportunity to work with experienced and talented professionals and a customer and client base of multinational, blue-chip companies.
- Opportunity to work on advanced designs using leading-edge technologies.
- Competitive salary.
- Career development prospects.
- Travel and training opportunities.