S3 Group designs and delivers Custom Mixed-Signal ASICs and IP to our customers across the globe. The company is the longest serving independent silicon solutions provider in the industry, having built a wealth of experience and engineering expertise over the last 30 years. Global end markets served by S3 Group clients include Connected Consumer Electronics, Wireless & Wireline Communications Infrastructure, Satellite Communications, Automotive, Industrial and IoT.
Reporting to the Group Manager in the site where the new candidate will be hired (Cork or Dublin), the successful candidate will be responsible for playing a key role in an experienced team undertaking RF IC system architecture, system partitioning and specification of signal processing solutions for radio systems.
- An honours degree or post-graduate qualification in Electronic Engineering.
- At least 10 years’ experience in RF IC and system-on-chip specifications, architectures and designs including direct experience in converting wireless protocols, standards and customer requirements into detailed technical specifications.
- Experience with different modulation and coding schemes and modelling such systems.
- Modelling radio systems using tools such as ADS, Matlab, Simulink, Python and Excel with various channel models from AWGN to Land Mobile channels with fading.
- Experience with different radio architectures such as Super-Heterodyne, Low IF, Direct Conversion, Polar Modulators, RF DAC and Discrete Time RX.
- Experience with radio line-ups and with linearity, noise and filtering trade-offs.
- Experience with radio calibration systems such as IP2 Calibration, Image Rejection Calibration, DPD, AFC, AGC and LOFT.
- Expertise in RF SoC block-level design.
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience of general signal processing covering theoretical, analytical and practical techniques.
- Beneficial if have an understanding of techniques for digitally-assisted RF and analog IC design.
- Up-to-date knowledge of the latest developments in RF IC design concepts, methodologies and tools and willingness and ability to quickly adopt new technologies.
- Familiarity with the major semiconductor process nodes and their relative advantages and disadvantages, especially in the context of RF system design implementation impacts.
- Technical curiosity and a good understanding of the latest developments in the industry and of leading-edge design techniques, an ability to incorporate business influences in engineering decisions. An understanding of the commercial implications of technical decisions and vice versa.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Travel occasionally required, mostly to/from S3 Group engineering offices and also to our worldwide customer locations.
- Applicants must be authorized to work in the location for which they apply.
About S3 Group
S3 Group is the Connected Consumer Technology Company. Our technologies, products and professional services enable consumer electronics companies, semiconductor companies, service providers and consumer healthcare providers to deliver next-generation devices, systems and services to consumers at home and on the move.
Founded in 1986, S3 Group employs 250 employees and has engineering development centres in San Jose in the USA, Ireland (Dublin and Cork), the Czech Republic, Poland and Portugal and sales offices and representatives globally.
S3 Group Value Proposition
- You will work with experienced and talented professionals.
- You will work on advanced designs using leading-edge technologies.
- You will receive a competitive salary and benefits.
- You will receive excellent career development prospects.
- You will receive travel and training opportunities.