S3 Group designs and delivers Custom Mixed-Signal ASICs and IP to our customers across the globe. The company is the longest serving independent silicon solutions provider in the industry, having built a wealth of experience and engineering expertise over the last 30 years. Global end markets served by S3 Group clients include Connected Consumer Electronics, Wireless & Wireline Communications Infrastructure, Satellite Communications, Automotive, Industrial and IoT.
Reporting to the Group Manager in the site where the new candidate will be hired (Dublin, Cork), the successful candidate will be responsible for providing the technical interface with customers and playing a key role, in an experienced team undertaking digital system / SoC architecture, system partitioning, digital signal path analysis, DSP algorithm development for complex ICs and systems.
- An honours degree or post-graduate qualification in Electronic Engineering.
- At least 10 years’ experience in large mixed signal ICs / system-on-chip specifications, architectures and designs including direct experience in converting customer requirements into detailed technical specifications.
- Experience with customer engagements, working with customers to come up with a solution, documenting and agreeing on technical specifications.
- Expertise in SoC digital block level design, partitioning and specification with experience of re-use methodologies IC design flows.
- Expertise in micro-processor IP selection, SoC communication bus selection, memory organisation, caching strategies and performance analysis and modelling.
- Up-to-date knowledge of the latest development in SoC design concept, methodologies and tools, willingness and ability to quickly adopt new technologies.
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience of general signal processing covering theoretical, analytical and practical techniques.
- Beneficial if have expertise in the definition and development of DSP algorithms for high speed communication links to be implemented in either hardware or software environments.
- Beneficial if have an understanding of the major technical issues in Analog circuit design/RF circuit design coupled with the ability to develop DSP algorithms to circumnavigate said issues.
- Familiarity with the major semiconductor process nodes and their relative advantages and disadvantages, especially in the context of Digital design implementation impacts.
- Beneficial if have a familiarity with the concepts of embedded systems design and how they might shape customer requirements.
- Technical curiosity and a good understanding of the latest developments in the industry and of leading-edge design techniques, an ability to incorporate business influences in engineering decisions. An understanding of the commercial implications of technical decisions and vice versa.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Travel occasionally required, mostly to/from S3 Group engineering offices, also to our worldwide customer locations.
- Applicants must be authorized to work in the location for which they apply.
About S3 Group
S3 Group is the Connected Consumer Technology Company. Our technologies, products and professional services enable consumer electronics companies, semiconductor companies, service providers and consumer healthcare providers to deliver next-generation devices, systems and services to consumers at home and on the move.
Founded in 1986, S3 Group employs 250 employees and has engineering development centres in San Jose in the USA, Ireland (Dublin and Cork), the Czech Republic, Poland and Portugal and sales offices and representatives globally.
S3 Group Value Proposition
- You will work with experienced and talented professionals.
- You will work on advanced designs using leading-edge technologies.
- You will receive a competitive salary and benefits.
- You will receive excellent career development prospects.
- You will receive travel and training opportunities.